MS Application Overview
- Admission to the Masters Economics Program will only be available for Fall semester. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Admission Decisions Timeframe
- Our department reviews Masters applications on a rolling admission basis beginning in January of each academic year. If you wish to apply for Fall 2013, the earliest your application will be reviewed is January 2013. Admission decisions are made until we reach our Fall capacity. Approximately 85-90 students begin the Masters Program each Fall.
- The Masters Admissions Committee meets every 1-2 weeks during the Spring semester to make admission decisions. Upon completing your application, the Assistant Director will give you a time frame of when you could expect to receive an admissions decision.
- You must submit a completed file to have your your application reviewed. We do not make admission decisions without formal application materials.
- International Students are especially encouraged to apply early to allow time for the Student Visa process. This process can take anywhere from 1 to 4 months depending on the country you're coming from. Therefore, you should get your application materials in as soon as possible, even if it is a few months in advance.
- Processing an I-20 takes a lot of time and if you wish to begin classes, you should give plenty of time to submit your application materials. If you want to insure you I-20 will be processed, please submit all application materials as soon as you can.
Masters Application Overview
Please see the following video that provides an overview of the Masters Application Process:
Links to M.S. Economics Application Process
Please contact the Assistant Director for assistance with the application process: firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-645-8679